Press Release – 2016/3/1
New Family of Adapters Deliver Business Value with Improved Performance for Enterprise Applications, Increased Infrastructure Resiliency and More Efficient SAN Administration
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., March 01, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Today, QLogic began production shipments of the industry’s first Gen 6 (32Gb) Fibre Channel Adapters. The new QLogic 2700 Series Adapters enable greater virtualization density and improved database performance, combined with increased operational efficiency. QLogic Gen 6 Fibre Channel Adapters, which OEMs have been testing since October 2014, not only deliver enhanced performance, but also provide unsurpassed reliability and resiliency.
“Fibre Channel is an inherently secure and reliable data network,” said Vikram Karvat, vice president of products, marketing and planning, QLogic. “The new QLogic Gen 6 Fibre Channel Adapters build on this foundation, delivering unsurpassed value by enabling enterprise applications to meet peak demand, minimizing downtime, and further simplifying Storage Area Network (SAN) administration. Additionally, as we look forward, the industry is defining Gen 7 Fibre Channel, providing continued investment protection to enterprise data centers for many years to come.”
The new QLogic 2700 Series Gen 6 Fibre Channel Adapters accelerate enterprise applications, deliver a highly resilient infrastructure and optimize IT staff productivity.
- Accelerating Enterprise Applications
- The new QLogic Gen 6 Fibre Channel Adapters deliver up to an 80 percent increase in I/O operations per second (IOPS) for typical database block sizes, reducing query times for large databases, and enabling more rapid business decision making when compared to Gen 5 (16Gb) Fibre Channel.1
- Delivering up to 2.6 million IOPS and 24,000MB per second of throughput, the new QLogic Gen 6 Fibre Channel Adapters are ideally suited for environments utilizing next-generation flash-based storage. With a fully offloaded protocol stack, these adapters operate with the lowest CPU utilization of any block storage technology in the industry.
- Delivering a Highly Resilient Infrastructure
- QLogic StorFusion™ technology provides forward error correction (FEC), which automatically corrects transmission errors and improves network resiliency.
- Unique port isolation technology allows linear performance scaling across ports and increased reliability under adverse conditions.
- Gen 6 Fibre Channel performance reduces backup windows allowing organizations to more effectively meet recovery time objectives.
- Optimizing IT Staff Productivity
- The new QLogic 2700 Series Gen 6 Fibre Channel Adapters deliver a suite of accelerated deployment and diagnostic features for improved SAN manageability, and end-to-end quality of service (QoS) for enhanced performance and improved service-level agreements (SLAs).
- Leveraging software-defined, fabric-assigned port worldwide name (FA-WWN) and boot from SAN configurations, QLogic StorFusion technology can improve server deployment and replacement by up to 75 percent.2
- Full backward compatibility with two previous generations of Fibre Channel from a software, tools and infrastructure perspective reduces the complexity of deploying, administering and managing the SAN, while supporting an incremental upgrade strategy.
The new QLogic 2700 Series Gen 6 Fibre Channel Adapters are available immediately, in single, dual and quad-port options. Additionally, theQLogic 2690 Series Enhanced Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters, which were announced in October of 2015, have been augmented with new single and dual-port options.